Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

I'm in Prague and I'm missing Halloween, which is arguably one of the more entertaining of holidays when one has children. I just got these pics from my wife. Our church had a "Trunk-or-Treat" last night. This is where people decorate their cars/trunks and then the kids trick-or-treat from car to car through the parking lot and get lots of candy, etc... Basically, it's just a 2nd night of candy hoarding for the kiddos.

Anyway, apparently, my son, Collin's iPod costume was voted the "coolest" costume of the gathering. It also was mistaken for a trash can by more than one person when he took it off so he could eat! He and I worked on it for 2 weeks, so we're pretty proud of it. This is the first time I've actually seen him in it since we finished it late on Saturday.















Kate is Princess Genevieve (from The 12 Dancing Princesses movie).


Logan is a spider and Seth is an elephant.


The twins are making funny faces in this picture because they had just sampled their first lollipops. Logan is the sweet-tooth of the two, and he got pretty excited about the sucker, but Seth didn't take to it as well.

The hotel here is having some sort of Halloween dinner and party tonight, but I think I'll pass. No costume anyway. It should make for some interesting people watching in the lobby, though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ipod costume.

Jenni said...

I LOVE Collin's costume!!! SO cute! Great job on that!

erin said...

Fun costumes! The I-pod was a great idea! and, I love Logan's cool new shoes. ;)

Beeswax said...

So you are on another continent, blogging about trunk or treat you did not attend? Impressive.

Good job getting on the bus. I would have cried. Try that next time.