Wednesday, June 10, 2009

National Anthem

OK, so I just registered to audition for the opportunity to sing "The Star Spangled Banner" at the City of Tempe July 4th Fireworks Festival. 1st round of auditions are this Saturday morning in Tempe. It's a little scary, as I'm doing this solo (not with the MC6 guys), primarily b/c half the group will be out of town on the 4th, and so it would be silly to involve them at this point. Plus, since I sing the lead on our arrangement anyway, I thought what the heck! I'll probably have to change the way I sing it somewhat, but I figure I can just belt it like normal. My audition is only for 30 seconds, and I can choose any 30-second portion of the song when it comes my turn. Any ideas as to whether I should do anything other than just start from the beginning?

Update:
I was just informed that there will only be 25 other people auditioning with me on Saturday morning, so I'm relieved. If there were going to be 800, like when we auditioned for the Phoenix Suns, then I was considering just not going down there at all, due to the hassle, and the fact that I'll have all 4 of my kids with me. But 25 - I can handle that. And, it gives me that much of a better chance to make it to the 2nd round of auditions in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

How exciting Joe!! GOod luck to you! And seriously, you're taking the kids? Get a babysitter!!! =)