Wednesday, November 14, 2007

FHE smackdown

When I was in Prague a couple of weeks ago, I received an email from my son that said the following:



I received this on Thursday. I was 1/2 a world away, as the REM song goes.

Ends up it was a pretty minor mishap involving too much dancing and "twirling" during FHE and a resultant head-smacking against the coffee table.

Apparently, there was some blood and some crying; but a little TLC and a head bandage from Melanie that would have made a WWI field medic proud, and Kate was all smiles in no time.


I never did hear how the FHE went after the incident, but I imagine Kate was begging for dessert and fighting with Collin over who would get the yellow ice cream bowl in short order.

She seemed fine when I got home 4 days later. Crazy as ever.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

haha--what a trooper! And boy, why didn't Mel become a nurse with those wrapping skills? =)

melanie said...

hey -- that was supposed to be my post, only the title was, "When Dad's Away." I'll be honest here--I would have rather stitched her head up with my sewing kit than drag four kids to the urgent care at bedtime. Then the gauze with the ace bandage came to me... skillz (as my bros would say).

Beeswax said...

When my Dad was a kid, he got kicked in the heed by a horse. So they took him to his uncle the Vet, who didn't have any painkiller (except that for horses, which could possibly kill a child), so they would stitch him up during the moments he was passed out from the pain. Its a good thing Rick refused to get involved with Kate's head, and that you aren't related to any vets round here.